7/18 - 7/22
Bicycle camp for INDIVIDUALS with disabilities NOW ACCEPTING applications
iCan Shine is a non-profit organization that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle using adapted bike equipment through it’s iCan Bike program. This five-day camp, requiring riders to attend only one 75-minute session per day, is taking place July 18-22, 2022 at the Love Civic Center in Paris Texas.
iCan Shine collaborates with local organizations to host five-day camps in their communities. This camp is being hosted by Red River Valley Down Syndrome Society & The REACH Center.
iCan Shine uses customized adapted equipment, trained professionals and volunteers. With 75 minutes of instruction over five days, approximately 80% of riders learn to ride a conventional bicycle independently by the end of camp. The remaining 20% often make great progress towards that goal.
To be eligible to enroll, riders must: be at least eight years old; have a disability; be able to walk without an assistive device such as a walker or cane; be able to side-step quickly to both sides; have a minimum inseam measurement of 20 inches from the floor; and weigh no more than 220 pounds.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Be a Volunteer
Be a Sponsor
Make a Donation